SylWrap HD Pipe Repair Bandage is a composite fibreglass wrap with a water-activated resin which sets rock hard in minutes to provide high-strength reinforcement of leaking or damaged pipes.
A SylWrap Repair Bandage strengthens pipes and structures made from steel, copper, malleable iron, GRP, ceramic, clay, and most plastics. The Pipe Repair Bandage increases pressure resistance, chemical resistance and hoop strength, and extends the lifespan of metalwork and other materials.
SylWrap HD is also used to reinforce repairs made with other Sylmasta products. Applying a Pipe Repair Bandage over a leak sealing material such as Superfast Epoxy Putty or Wrap & Seal Pipe Burst Tape provides a rock hard, impact resistant layer over the initial sealant, offering a permanent solution. SylWrap HD has WRAS approval and so can be used with drinking water.
SylWrap Bandages have been used to make repairs in desalination plants, wastewater treatment works, nuclear power plants, fire stations and to water supply lines. Their high chemical resistance have seen them fix hydrogen lines and sulphuric acid lines while many water utilities companies keep SylWrap HD on their vans for reinforcing repairs to leaking pipes and burst water mains.
How to use a SylWrap HD Pipe Repair Bandage to repair and protect pipes
To use SylWrap, you dip the bandage in water which activates the resin. You then wrap the bandage around the pipe or structure which requires strengthening, smoothing the bandage down with additional water as you go.
SylWrap HD has a work time of 2-5 minutes and repairs carried out with a Pipe Repair Bandage can be made in less than 30 minutes.
We only sell SylWrap Pipe Repair Bandages in packs of 10. If you require smaller quantities, then please contact us to discuss a customised order.
For single pipe repair bandages to perform a repair in a domestic setting, please see our Universal Pipe Repair Kit. The Kit include a single bandage along with two sealing materials and is suitable for fixing all kinds of leaking pipes.
As well as SylWrap HD, we manufacture two specialised composite repair wraps. SylWrap CR is infused with corrosion inhibitors to protect and strengthen metalwork against all forms of corrosion and SylWrap FR is a flame retardant wrap for use on pipes which are subjected to extreme temperatures.
Benefits of SylWrap HD Pipe Repair Bandage
- Easy to use – simply activate with water and then wrap around the pipe or structure requiring repair
- Cures quickly for a full strength repair inside 30 minutes
- Refurbishment and strengthening of pipes offers a cheaper alternative to replacing systems
- Increases pressure resistance, chemical resistance and hoop strength of pipes
- Copper pipe repair, PVC plastic pipe repair, steel pipe repair, iron pipe repair, GRP pipe repair, ceramic pipe repair, concrete pipe repair, lead pipe repair, rubber pipe repair
- Can be used to make underwater repairs
- WRAS approved so can be used on pipes carrying drinking water
- SylWrap HD Bandages have been used in wastewater treatment works, quarry wash plants, dry risers, petrochemical plants, nuclear power plants, oil rigs and breweries