SylWrap Pipe Repair Bandages are fibreglass bandages with a water-activated resin which set rock hard in minutes for a high-strength reinforcement of leaking, damage or corroded pipes.
SylWrap Pipe Repair Bandages are effective for repairs on pipes made from steel, stainless steel, copper, malleable iron, GRP, ceramic, clay and most plastics. They resist pressure up to 30bar and temperatures of over 200ºC. SylWrap Bandages are WRAS approved meaning they are safe to use with drinking water.
SylWrap Pipe Repair Bandages Details
SylWrap Bandages are quick and easy to apply. Simpy dip the resin-soaked fibreglass bandage into water, tightly wrap it around the pipe and smooth and tighten until it has set hard.
SylWrap Bandages can be used on their own to refurbish and strengthen older pipes. Applying to a pipe that is damaged or worn will provide the pipe with added protection, increase its lifespan and help to prevent any future leaks from occurring.
SylWrap should also be used in conjuncion with other Sylwrap Products to repair leaking pipes. Overwrapping a Pipe Repair Bandage on a leaking pipe which has been sealed with Wrap & Seal Pipe Burst Tape or a Superfast Epoxy Putty Stick will reinforce the initial repair, offering a more permanent solution.
SylWrap Repair Bandages, Wrap & Seal and Superfast Epoxy Putty can be purchased in an all-in-one SylWrap Pipe Repair Kit. The Standard Kit fixes pipes where pressure cannot be isolated and the Universal Kit fixes live leaks. There is also a Contractor Case available, containing enough products to carry out multiple pipe repairs, making it ideal for regular users.
Sylwrap Bandages have been used extensively by utility companires, desalination plants, pumping stations and petrochemical plants around the world to repair leaks and damage to pipe work.
For repairs to corroded pipes or applications in harsher conditions, then SylWrap Corrosion Protection & Repair Wrap should be used. SylWrap CR contains corrosion inhibitors for added protection from salt water or environmental corrosion.
- Reinforcing repairs made to leaking pipes
- Refurbishing old and damaged pipework
- Increasing hoop strength
- Can be applied underwater
- Resistant to high pressure and extreme temperatures
- WRAS approved so safe to use with drinking water
- Easy-to-use – just dip the bandage in water and wrap
- Fast-setting for quick repairs
- Repairs all pipe types and materials
Repairs made using SylWrap Pipe Repair Bandages
- Waste Water Treatment Works, United Kingdom: Leaking 450mm waste water pipe
- Leaking Water Main, United Kingdom: Repair of a pipe which had been leaking for 15 years
- Contaminated Water Pipe, Puerto Rico: Live leak repair in a Power Plant
- CHP System Repair, United Kingdom: Leaking pipe in an on-site CHP Plant
- Farm yard, United Kingdom: Repair of an underground hot water supply pipe
SylWrap Pipe Repair Bandages Size Guide