The Universal Pipe Repair Kit is designed to repair live leaks, allowing for permanent fixes to be carried out on pipes where the pressure cannot be turned off.
Repairs can be carried out inside of 30 minutes to pipes made from steel, stainless steel, copper, malleable iron, GRP, ceramic, clay, concrete, rubber and most plastics.
Because pressure does not have to be turned off for a repair to be carried out, sites can avoid a potentially costly shutdown. The Universal Pipe Repair Kit is WRAS approved meaning it is safe to use with drinking water.
SylWrap Universal Pipe Repair Kit details – To Repair Live Leaks
Each kit contains Wrap & Seal Pipe Burst Tape, Superfast Epoxy Putty and SylWrap Bandage. Wrap & Seal Pipe Burst Tape stretches by 300% and fuses into a solid rubber band when wrapped over pipework, sealing live leaks.
The Superfast Putty is hand-kneaded and can be applied to the pipework to help seal the leak. It also removes step from joints to facilitate the application of Wrap & Seal.
The SylWrap Bandage is then applied over the top of the Wrap & Seal and the Superfast Putty, providing a fast, effective and permanent repair. The kit resists pressure up to 30bar and temperatures of 200ºC and it can be used on pipes carrying hot and cold water and chemicals.
When flow can be stopped, then the SylWrap Standard Pipe Repair Kit can be used to repair damaged pipework.
For multiple repairs, the SylWrap Pipe Repair Contractor Case contains enough equipment to carry our several fixes to live leaks, making it ideal for regular users.
- Repairs leaking joints, pinhole leaks and cracks
- WRAS approved so safe to use with drinking water
- Resistant to water, chemicals and temperature extremes
- Repairs live leaks even when pressure cannot be turned off
- Offers a low-cost alternative to replacing pipes
- Easy to use and repairs leaks inside of 30 minutes
- Increases pressure resistance
- Improves longevity and chemical resistance of pipes
Repairs made using the SylWrap Universal Pipe Repair Kit
- Waste Water Treatment Works, United Kingdom: Leaking 450mm waste water pipe
- Leaking Water Main, United Kingdom: Repair of a pipe which had been leaking for 15 years
- Contaminated Water Pipe, Puerto Rico: Live leak repair in a Power Plant
- CHP System Repair, United Kingdom: Leaking pipe in an on-site CHP Plant
SylWrap Universal Pipe Repair Kit Size Guide