The SylWrap Standard Pipe Repair Kit can permanently fix a leaking pipe made from copper, PVC plastic, steel or malleable iron where water pressure can be turned off.
No training is needed to use the Kit and repairs can be made in under 30 minutes at a fraction of the cost of hiring a plumber or a contractor. The SylWrap Standard Pipe Repair Kit is suitable for carrying out domestic bathroom and kitchen pipe repairs and for large-scale repairs in industrial settings.
All the products in the Standard Kit have been WRAS approved and so can be used safely on pipes carrying drinking water. The Kit is pressure resistant up to 30 bar, temperature resistant to 200ºC and it can be used on pipes carrying hot and cold water and chemicals.
As well as copper, PVC plastics, steel, stainless steel and malleable iron, the Standard Kit also repairs pipes made from GRP, ceramic, clay, concrete, lead, and rubber.
How to fix a leaking pipe with the SylWrap Standard Pipe Repair Kit
The Standard Kit contains a Superfast Epoxy Putty Stick and a SylWrap Pipe Repair Bandage. The Superfast Epoxy Putty is hand-kneaded and used to repair leaking pipes, remove step from leaking joints and smooth off pitting.
You cut off the required amount of epoxy putty from the stick and mix it until it turns a uniform colour. It is then pressed into the crack or hole in the pipe where it will fill and harden, sealing the leak.
SylWrap Pipe Repair Bandage is a fibreglass repair wrap with a water-activated resin. It is wrapped over the top of the Superfast Epoxy Putty, where it will set to provide a rock-hard, impact resistant, protective layer over the initial repair.
If you are looking to repair a leaking pipe where water pressure cannot be turned off, then please see the SylWrap Universal Pipe Repair Kit. The Universal Kit contains additional Wrap & Seal Pipe Burst Tape for sealing live leaks.
For regular pipe repair users, we have developed the SylWrap Contractor Case containing enough products for up to six pipe repairs. The Case is easy to store either on the van or on site and works out at a cheaper cost-per-repair than buying individual Pipe Repair Kits.
Our Contractor Cases are used by several of the United Kingdom’s water companies for the ease and speed in which they enable emergency live leak pipe repairs to be carried out.
Benefits of a SylWrap Standard Pipe Repair Kit
- The user can fix a burst or leaking pipe at a fraction of the cost of hiring a plumber
- Repairs can be made easily and in under 30 minutes
- Increases pressure resistance, chemical resistance and improves longevity of pipes
- Copper pipe repair, PVC plastic pipe repair, steel pipe repair, iron pipe repair, GRP pipe repair, ceramic pipe repair, concrete pipe repair, lead pipe repair, rubber pipe repair
- Suitable for fixing leaking bathroom, kitchen and other household pipes
- Used in wastewater treatment works, quarry wash plants, dry risers, petrochemical plants, nuclear power plants, oil rigs and breweries
- WRAS approved so is safe to use on pipes carrying drinking water
- Pressure resistant up to 30bar and temperature resistant to 200ºC